Job Title: Funding Development Intern
About I Challenge Diabetes (ICD)
ICD is the charity that focuses on delivering the most engaging, inspiring, and empowering opportunities to the type 1 community. We do not shy away from the tough questions. Together amongst peers, we build the skills and courage to face whatever obstacles come our way. We practice them together, leveraging our combined strengths. Each individual may have a different starting point and we meet there to create and celebrate goals together. Life with diabetes demands a lot of us, but the resulting strength gained can expand our horizons.
This fund development role creates empowering opportunities for all types of people to support I Challenge Diabetes. This includes educating people about who we are, what we do, why we do it and, most importantly, how they can help. Supporting individuals living with type 1 diabetes is our number one priority and those in the greatest need are often affected by socio-economic factors making it important there are no financial barriers to our programming.
What you’ll be doing
You will work alongside our team to assist in our community engagement and funds development, giving our community ambassadors leverage and support to help them raise funds for our operations and to remove financial barriers. We rely on a diverse funding base with a variety of grants, corporate sponsorships and a growing donation strategy in addition to program fees. You will get a front row seat to the steps required to achieve each of these income streams and develop an understanding of our business strategy to ensure the sustainability of our operations. We are looking for applicants with their own ideas and passion to help make our programs reach more people and transform more lives. You will embody ICD’s Core Values: Respect, Compassion, and Empowerment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in both long and short term fundraising strategy roll out
• Research grants and identify alignment between their goals and our mission
• Assist in the writing, editing and submission of grant proposals
• Work directly with our team to deliver on objectives
• Assist with electronic fundraising campaigns
• Assist with the feedback loop reporting to sponsors and grants with key outcomes and metrics
• Assisting with projects related to donor recognition and stewardship
– Strong understanding of various management and organizational tools
– Ability to work as a member of a team
– Strong organizational, time management and communication skills
– Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Registered in a University or College program that focuses on fundraising, nonprofit management, business admin, marketing, communications or related fields.
– Experience in Business Administration, Fundraising, Event Organization
Work will take place at ICD’s Niagara office with some remote supervision. Training and other meetings may be held intermittently at ICD’s head office in North York, ON.
To Apply: Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]
ICD recognizes and celebrates the strength in diversity. Should you require accommodations during any stage of application process, please contact [email protected]ichallengediabetes.org