Job Title: Fundraising Development Intern
ICD is the charity that focuses on delivering the most engaging, inspiring, and empowering opportunities to the type 1 community. We do not shy away from the tough questions. Together amongst peers, we build the skills and courage to face whatever obstacles come our way. We practice them together, leveraging our combined strengths. Each individual may have a different starting point and we meet there to create and celebrate goals together. Life with diabetes demands a lot of us, but the resulting strength gained can expand our horizons.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
This fund development role creates empowering opportunities for all types of people to support I Challenge Diabetes. This includes educating people about who we are, what we do, why we do it and, most importantly, how they can help. Supporting individuals living with type 1 diabetes is our number one priority and those in the greatest need are often affected by socio-economic factors making it important there are no financial barriers to our programming.
You will work alongside our team to assist in our community engagement and fund development, giving our community ambassadors leverage and support to help them raise funds for our operations and to remove financial barriers. We rely on a diverse funding base with a variety of grants, corporate sponsorships and a growing donation strategy in addition to program fees. A successful applicant will get a front row seat to the steps required to achieve each of these income streams. They will develop an understanding of and skills to manage our business strategy to ensure the sustainability of our operations. We are looking for applicants with their own ideas and passion to help make our programs reach more people and transform more lives.
• Assist in both long and short term fundraising strategy roll out
• Research grants and identify alignment between their goals and our mission
• Assist in the writing, editing and submission of grant proposals
• Work directly with the chair of two fundraising events and their teams to deliver on objectives
• Assist with electronic fundraising campaigns
• Assist with the feedback loop reporting to sponsors and grants with key outcomes and metrics
• Assisting with projects related to donor recognition and stewardship
– Must be registered in a University or College program that focuses on fundraising, nonprofit management, marketing, communications or related fields.
– Strong understanding of various management and organizational tools
– Ability to work as a member of a team
– Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
– Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation: $16.00/hour, 40 hours per week
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] (please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line).