Job Title: Social Media Community Manager
(2 positions available)
About I Challenge Diabetes (ICD)
ICD is the charity that focuses on delivering the most engaging, inspiring, and empowering opportunities to the type 1 community. We do not shy away from the tough questions. Together amongst peers, we build the skills and courage to face whatever obstacles come our way. We practice them together, leveraging our combined strengths. Each individual may have a different starting point and we meet there to create and celebrate goals together. Life with diabetes demands a lot of us, but the resulting strength gained can expand our horizons.
This Marketing role will be the place where you can test your skills and abilities and push them to the next level. You are responsible for taking creative direction and executing all aspects of short form shareable content creation from capturing, to post-production, to delivery. If you enjoy working for a team-centric, fast-paced, innovative, and customer-oriented organization, this is a perfect opportunity.
What You’ll Do
You should be energetic, enthusiastic, creative and eager to help promote our organization and bring new ideas forward. You will research and report on current trends in social media, specifically Instagram and FaceBook. You will work with our team to identify short term and long term goals and strategize to meet them. You will provide support to the team through the creation and planning of marketing materials and strategies, and will assist in keeping all digital content storage organized. You will also assist in adding content to the ICD website communication platforms, and other tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with logistics team to develop event specific material for distribution to endocrinology clinics and our own online channels
- Follow workflow plan for CRM program input and organization
- Assist in interviews/surveys of community members
- Manage social media accounts and respond to incoming replies and inquiries.
- Lead content curation: curating engaging, relevant and goal-driven content for social platforms and website blogs/newsletters.
- Write website updates
- Implement and update content calendar
- Drive social media growth and engagement
- Track growth and engagement, and report on social media analytics
– Ability to work as a member of a team.
– Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
– Registered in a University or College program that focuses on promotion, nonprofit management, marketing, communications, public relations, business and related fields
– informed and educated on the latest social media trends, rules and tools
– Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop prefered
– Experience in content creation, and photography an asset.
Work will take place at ICD’s offices in Calgary, AB or Niagara, ON, with the potential for some remote supervision.
To Apply: Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]
ICD recognizes and celebrates the strength in diversity. Should you require accommodations during any stage of application process, please contact [email protected]ichallengediabetes.org