- Exercise and Excellence Snow Tubing
January 25, 2019
9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Come out and join ICD for a day of tubing and peer mentor-ship & parent workshop. We will be spending the day broken up into age groups working on team building skills, diabetes experiential education, and also enjoying sliding down the slopes in the tubes.
ICD is partnering with the Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital and Royal Victoria Hospital to bring you this event!
When: Jan 25th, 9:30am-3:30pm
Where: Horseshoe Resort, Barrie Ontario.
Find the directions HERE.
Who: This event is open to anyone who has type 1, their friends, and family.
- Tubing Ticket: $40.00 will cover your day of tubing, lunch and world-class mentorship.
- Parent Workshop: Parent workshop + lunch only
- Empowerment Fund: Looking for financial assistance? Selecting this option allows us to use funds that we have set aside to ensure everyone is able to make it out to our events.
Snow Tubing Requirements at Horseshoe Valley:
- Height Requirements: 42″ (3 ft 6 in)
- No age requirement as long as height requirement is met
- All riders will ride down the hill in their own tube.
A Parent Workshop will run from 10am to noon, to share and learn from other families living with T1D and clinic supports! Parents wishing to join the kids on the hill after lunch will need to purchase a tubing pass. Lunch is provided.
Questions: email: [email protected] or call: 1-647-794-0256 / 1-877-776-0667