Job Title: Social Media Assistant
About I Challenge Diabetes (ICD)
ICD is the charity that focuses on delivering the most engaging, inspiring, and empowering opportunities to the type 1 community. We do not shy away from the tough questions. Together amongst peers, we build the skills and courage to face whatever obstacles come our way. We practice them together, leveraging our combined strengths. Each individual may have a different starting point and we meet there to create and celebrate goals together. Life with diabetes demands a lot of us, but the resulting strength gained can expand our horizons.
This Social Media role will allow you to test your skills and abilities and push them to the next level. You are responsible for taking creative direction and executing all aspects of short form shareable content creation from capturing, to post-production, to delivery. If you enjoy working for a team-centric, fast-paced, innovative, and customer-oriented organization, this is a perfect opportunity.
What You’ll Do
You should be energetic, enthusiastic, creative and eager to help promote our organization and bring new ideas forward. You will research and report on current trends in social media, specifically Instagram and FaceBook. You will work with our team to identify short term and long term goals and strategize to meet them. You will provide support to the team through the creation and planning of marketing materials and strategies, and will assist in keeping all digital content storage organized. You will also assist in adding content to the ICD website communication platforms, and other tasks as required.
- Work with logistics team to develop event specific material for distribution to endocrinology clinics and our own online channels
- Follow workflow plan for CRM program input and organization
- Assist in interviews/surveys of community members
- Manage social media accounts and respond to incoming replies and inquiries.
- Lead content curation: curating engaging, relevant and goal-driven content for social platforms and website blogs/newsletters.
- Write website updates
- Implement and update content calendar
- Drive social media growth and engagement
- Track growth and engagement, and report on social media analytics
- Registered in a University or College program that focuses on promotion, nonprofit management, marketing, communications, public relations, business and related fields
- Informed and educated on the latest social media trends, rules and tools
- Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
- Experience in content creation, and photography an asset.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and supervise/facilitate management tasks.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
Work will take place remotely for the most part. Candidate may be required to attend local events to gather content, and will participate in online staff meetings and training.
Compensation: $17.00/hour for 40 hours/week
Start Date: June 26, 2023
End Date: August 18, 2023
To Apply: Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]
ICD recognizes and celebrates the strength in diversity. Should you require accommodations during any stage of application process, please contact [email protected]ichallengediabetes.org