Job Title: Social Media Assistant
What You’ll Do
You should be energetic, enthusiastic, creative and eager to help promote our organization and bring new ideas forward. You will research and report on current trends in social media, specifically Instagram and FaceBook. You will work with our team to identify short term and long term goals and strategize to meet them. You will provide support to the team through the creation and planning of marketing materials and strategies, and will assist in keeping all digital content storage organized. You will also assist in adding content to the ICD website communication platforms, and other tasks as required.
- Manage social media accounts and respond to incoming replies and inquiries.
- Lead content curation: curating engaging, relevant and goal-driven content for social platforms and website blogs/newsletters.
- Write website updates
- Implement and update content calendar
- Drive social media growth and engagement
- Track growth and engagement, and report on social media analytics
– Registered in a University or College program that focuses on promotion, nonprofit management, marketing, communications, public relations, business and related fields
– informed and educated on the latest social media trends, rules and tools
– Knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
– Experience in content creation, and photography an asset.
– Ability to work as a member of a team.
– Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
Work will take place remotely, and on-site if Public Health guidelines allow at ICD’s offices. If the successful candidate does not live in the area/province, work and supervision will take place remotely.
Start Date: June 27
End Date: August 19
To Apply: Please Submit Resume and Cover Letter to [email protected]
ICD recognizes and celebrates the strength in diversity. Should you require accommodations during any stage of application process, please contact [email protected]ichallengediabetes.org